How to setup raster scan radars (with automatic tune control)?
Make sure that nobody is working near the scanner and it is free from obstruction before power on a radar.
- Power on and switch the radar to Standby;
- adjust Brilliance for preferred viewing brightness;
- turn both manual Anti-sea Clutters and Anti-rain Clutters to minimum;
- set Gain to minimum;
- switch off all automatic signal suppressing and video enhancing sub-systems;
- switch radar on at medium range when it is ready;
- switch on automatic Tune;
- increase Gain until some background noises are seen all over the display;
- switch to appropriated operation range;
- select preferred display orientation and mode (ensure heading and speed inputs are corrected if True Motion Mode is used);
- adjust Anti-rain Clutters if echoes caused by rain are affecting the identification targets seriously;
- adjust Anti-sea Clutters if echoes caused by sea waves are affecting the identification of targets seriously.
Try not to use automatic suppressing sub-system if the use of manual anti-clutters control could achieve an usable display. Use automatic enhancing sub-system only if it is really necessary.